Saturday, August 11, 2007
Chinese Valentines Day
Hi friends !! It has been a long time that I was away from the blog as I went to visit my grandma who stays in Alabama.

Anyway, I am back now and you can find me almost on a regular basis here. When I was on my way back home, I suddenly remembered that the Chinese Valentines Day is almost at the threshold -- August 15th. I just wanted to wish all my Chinese friends as well as all my others friends all around the globe A very Happy Valentines Day.

And you know what Lin(one of my Chinese friend) told me?? The Chinese Valentine's Day is also called The Daughter's Festival. Its a story that spans back to centuries which says, Chinese girls always used to train themselves up for having good handcrafting skill like the Weaving Maid and this skill was essential for their future family. On the night of the Chinese valentines Day, the unmarried girls would pray for the Weaving Maid star to let them become smarter.

Labels:

 
posted by Michael at 5:54 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: